Ask an AI assistant about my experience
Powered by OpenAI and Retrieval Augmented Generation (RAG). This chatbot may lie.
UI and model are a work in progress. Last updated 1/12/2023. Threads are limited to 10 messages.
You can view my resume (PDF) here
May 2020 - October 2021
Zoom Video Communications
Bringing end-to-end encryption to Zoom products.
- Hardware Security Modules - Architected and deployed the intermediate CA that stores trusted server signing keys in hardware security modules (HSMs), enabling potential clients with high security compliance requirements to consider Zoom products. Implemented an ACME client that interfaces with DigiCert CA and automatically rotates certificates.
As described in section 7.6.1 of the cryptography whitepaper.
- Cross-region communication - System that allows keyservers to communicate with each other across regions, allowing customers with data residency requirements to upgrade to end-to-end encrypted products.
- Monitoring - Built Grafana dashboards and prometheus alert configurations to monitor deployments and scheduled jobs and alert on-call engineers when issues arise, increasing S/N ratio of alerts to approach 100%, and enabling near perfect uptime guarantee.
September 2017 - May 2020
At Keybase I was mainly on the desktop team working on the cross-platform Keybase app. One codebase was used to build apps for macOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android.
- Teams tab redesign - Led a team of 4 engineers in re-implementing 30+ screens using a cohesive design system. Worked closely with design and core teams to create a consistent library of 100+ components, hooks, and API protocols to serve as the foundation for future development.
- Exploding messages - Implemented the cryptographically sound exploding messages UI, which allows users to send messages that disappear after a set time. Integrated animations and timers into an already complex chat UI that continued to grow around it for 2+ years without breaking. Ensured no data was kept in frontend memory after the message expired.
- Cryptocurrency Integration - Took initiative in studying Stellar cryptocurrency protocol ahead of valuable partnership project, enabling faster development and allowing Keybase to be the first full-featured Stellar wallet. Designed and implemented the protocol for sending payments integrating security features such as payment confirmation and nonces to prevent replay attacks and accidental double spends.
January 2017 - June 2017
Freelance Software Engineer
I built features and maintained the codebase for the 12th Wonder TITAN process management system.
- Home page - I built ten widgets for the home page and built a drag-and-drop system for users to customize their home page with their most useful information. Worked closely with backend engineers to design a protocol for persisting and loading layouts performantly.